Now that the competitive club race calendar is over our focus will soon be turning to the winter club runs which officially start on Sunday 8th October. There is still plenty of time to prepare your winter bike with full mudguards and lights. For a wee refresher on rules and guidelines please on onto the club website click on club runs then click on club winter Sunday runs.
Before the winter runs start there are a few dates for your diary.
- This coming Sunday 24th as part of the continuing 70th anniversary celebrations the touring group have organised a 70 Km ride to the Hunting Lodge Hotel Baronscourt. Please contact William McGuken (07711002756) to book your meal and for any further details required.
- ETCC lap the Lough 1st The same set up as previous years, with a £10 donation for Cancer Focus trust. Meeting at Asda car park Cookstown at 9am. Refreshments will be provided by Emma McCann at Oxford Island and Antrim.
70th Anniversary Club Dinner / Awards night 17th November 2017
- This year the club awards night is being held in the Glenavon Hotel Cookstown sitting down for the meal at 7:30pm sharp.
- The committee has agreed to make this a black tie event for the men and dresses for the ladies.
- This dress code is not compulsory but it would be very much appreciated if as many people as possible could oblige.
- Tom Morrow Cookstown will supply the suits for the dinner at £59.00 each. Arrangements have been made with him to make a donation towards the club for using his shop and the more people that hire a suit the bigger the donation to the club.
- To help offset the hire costs for the suit the club is subsidising the price of the meals. Each meal will only cost £10.00. You can’t say fairer than that.
- If you want your suit in time for the dinner you need to visit Tom Morrow’s shop and get measured up ASAP.
- Can all trophy winners from last year please return them to Brain ASAP thanks.
Club Trip to Port Pollensa Majorca 20th to 27th April 2018
- Everyone book their own flights and accommodation. Go for the week or just a few days its up to you.
- Easy Jet flights are open if you book now you can get a return flight for about £50.00
- Depart Belfast international at 10.30 am and returning on the 18.20 flight
- Half board accommodation through alpharooms.com for Fergus Style Pollensa Park
- Bike hire at 2go cycling or Pro cycling rental